Terms of Service
Welcome to Melian Software Company Ltd
These Terms govern your use of Melian Software Company Ltd and the services, features, apps, products, digital solutions, technology tools, and software we offer (the Melian Software Company Ltd Services or Products), except where we strictly state that separate terms (and not these) apply.
- Our Services
Our mission is to provide people with an easy way of managing personal profiles, business profiles, and document storage. To help propel this mission, we provide people with one smart card that carries their Personal Profiles (CV, Contacts, Social Links, etc), Company or Business Profiles (Profile, Services, Products, Portfolio, etc), and finally Document Storage (Upload as much documentation as you want). With the card we also enable you to share such information with all SCANNING the QR code on your card to any smartphone or Sharing the URL Link you get when registering in the platform). This is an instant way of sharing your personal or business information across the globe.
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Melian Software Company Ltd is unlike anyone else’s: from the posts, stories, events, ads, and other content you see in your News Feed or any other to the Profiles you follow or link and other features you might use and search. We use the data we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Services – to personalize your experience.
Provide an opportunity to experience paperless profiles:
Your experience with Melian Software Company Ltd and its products will give you an opportunity to experience the less paper journey while simplifying many of the processes normally requiring either more costs or papers. One card carries all your information both corporate and personal with one link that carries the same. You will not need to print business profiles or business cards because that one card represents all and even more.
Connect you with people and organizations you care about:
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that matter to you across the Melian Software Company Ltd Services you use. We use the data we have to make suggestions for you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, shows to watch, and people you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when people are connected to people, groups, and organizations they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Melian Software Company Ltd and to communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories across the Melian Software Company Ltd Services you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile. We also have developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology, such as augmented reality to create and share more expressive and engaging content on Melian Software Company Ltd.
Help you discover content, products, and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products, and services that are offered by the many businesses and organizations that use Melian Software Company Ltd and other Melian Software Company Ltd Products. Our partners pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the sponsored content you see is as relevant and useful to you as everything else you see on our Services.
Combat harmful conduct and protect and support our community:
People will only build a community on Melian Software Company Ltd if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct toward others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Melian Software Company Ltd Companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Services.
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop advanced technologies – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning systems, and augmented reality – so that people can use our Services safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, technology like this helps people who have visual impairments understand what or who is in photos or videos shared on Melian Software Company Ltd. We also build sophisticated networks and communication technology to help more people connect to the internet in areas with limited access. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our Products.
Research ways to make our services better:
We engage in research and collaborate with others to improve our Services. One way we do this is by analyzing the data we have and understanding how people use our Services. You can learn more about some of our research efforts.
Provide consistent and seamless experiences across the Melian Software Company Ltd Company Products:
Our Services help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Melian Software Company Ltd Company Services that you use. For example, we use data about the people you engage with on Melian Software Company Ltd to make it easier for you to connect with them on Instagram or Messenger, and we enable you to communicate with a business you follow on Melian Software Company Ltd through Messenger.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Melian Software Company Ltd or its affiliates.
- Our Data Policy and Privacy Choices
To provide these services, we must collect and use your personal data. We embed our practices in the Data Policy, which you must agree to in order to use our Products.
We also encourage you to review the privacy choices you have in your settings.
- Your Commitments to Melian Software Company Ltd and Our Community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
- Who can use Melian Software Company Ltd!
When people stand behind their thoughts and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
- Use the same identity that you use in your daily
- Provide appropriate and correct information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Do not share your security details (password), give access to your Melian Software Company Ltd account to others, or transfer your account to anyone.
We try to make Melian Software Company Ltd broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Melian Software Company Ltd if:
- You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age approved in your country).
- You are a convicted sex offender or related to situations.
- We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
- You are prohibited or restricted from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
- What you can share and do on Melian Software Company Ltd
We want people to use Melian Software Company Ltd to express themselves and to share content that is important to them or others, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of society. You henceforth agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in conducting the same):
- You may not use our Services to do or share anything:
- That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Melian Software Company Ltd.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates someone else’s rights including wild and domestic animal policies.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overload, or affect the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Services using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have clearance to access.
We can delete any content you share which is against these provisions and, if applicable, we may take actions against your account or legal actions against you including disabling your account,
To help support our society, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
- The permissions you give us:
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Clearance to use the content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on Melian Software Company Ltd and the other Melian Software Company Ltd Services you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal clearances to use that content for the purpose of protection for you and others who are exposed to such content.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Melian Software Company Ltd, you give us clearance to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Melian Software Company Ltd Services you use.
You can end this license at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Clearance to use your name, avatar, and information about your actions with ads and promoted content: You give us permission to use your name and avatar and information about actions you have taken on Melian Software Company Ltd next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other promoted content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Melian Software Company Ltd. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your clearance to see the actions you’ve taken on Melian Software Company Ltd.
- Clearance to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
- Limits on using our intellectual property:
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Services (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Melian Software Company Ltd), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written clearance. You must obtain our written clearance (or clearance under an open-source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
- Additional provisions
- Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Services better for you and our society. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Services.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Melian Software Company Ltd society, you can delete your account at any time.
- Account suspension or termination
We want Melian Software Company Ltd to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our society and services, including suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5
- Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Services we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Services, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent cleared by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Services. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent cleared by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Melian Software Company Ltd Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Melian Software Company Ltd Services (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the Tanzania District Court or a state court located in Dar es Salaam, that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the country will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Melian Software Company Ltd. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Services we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Services, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Services for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing music, you must comply with our Music Guidelines. To the extent any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our Services and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- Other terms and policies that may apply to you
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content you post to Melian Software Company Ltd and your activity on Melian Software Company Ltd and other Melian Software Company Ltd
- Commercial Terms: These terms apply if you also access or use our Services for any commercial or business purpose, including advertising, operating an app on our Platform, using our measurement services, managing a group or a Page for a business, or selling goods or services.
- Advertising Policies: These policies specify what types of ad content are allowed by partners who advertise across the Melian Software Company Ltd Products.
- Self-Serve Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use self-serve advertising interfaces to create, submit, or deliver advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
- Pages, Groups and Events Policy: These guidelines apply if you create or administer a Melian Software Company Ltd Page, group, or event, or if you use Melian Software Company Ltd to communicate or administer a promotion.
- Melian Software Company Ltd Platform Policy: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to your use of our Platform (for example, for developers or operators of a Platform application or website or if you use social plugins).
- Developer Payment Terms: These terms apply to developers of applications that use Melian Software Company Ltd Payments.
- Community Payment Terms: These terms apply to payments made on or through Facebook.
- Commerce Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply when you offer Services and services for sale on Facebook.
- Melian Software Company Ltd Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to the use of Melian Software Company Ltd trademarks, logos, and screenshots.
- Music Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you post or share content containing music on Facebook.
Date of Last Revision: Sept 20th, 2022